Hello,

when transferring stuff from VHS to computer (using a camcorder for
analog->DV), I get the colors shifted a bit to the right of the luma. I guess
this is caused by the delay in the analog circuits in the VCR.

On live action stuff it is not that bad, but on cartoons, with their sharp
outlines, the chroma lag is quite visible.

It is not just subsampling (my DV is PAL 420), that would just smear the
chroma on both (actually all four) sides the same - it is a definitive shift
to the right. And it seems to be bigger than one luma pixel, so it is not
just the "interstitial/cosited" stuff, which could only account for half a
pixel...

Is there any tool that I could use to shift the chroma a pixel or two relative
to the luma? I guess the first step would be upsampling to 444, but then?

Marko Cebokli