so are people saying native 2.0 heads can fit onto the 1.8 bottom end?

is there any kind of clues on castings on the outside i can look for to see
what i have, and does anybody know if the stock cams 16v are the same part
number between 2 and 1.8 liter?

i just tore into this car more and of course the techtronics chip with
adjustable cam gear, and under the valve cover are not vw cams.  i got
colored stripes on these parts but all i can find is some kind of emblem.
 i emailed them asking where part numbers are just in case its their parts.

i don't know if this has an effect on smog but i just want to put the car
back stock.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mk2-16v/0724c0b5-fdfa-41ad-bbd3-0cc5a7eb3cf0%40googlegroups.com.