Strange that it's working for you. I'm allways on SVN latest wit hVista HCx, I even think that before the updates it worked better. Anyhow I now use the different value and am happy. Could it be that it's only not working when going slow, maybe it works at carspeeds?

Ralf Kleineisel wrote:
Mark Burton wrote:

With my vista hcx and using the current value of 0x110301, the route
recalculates if I go off course by no more than about 25m. I believe
other people are also getting similar results. Perhaps people could
confirm that?

My eTrex Legend HCx with a map generated by mkgmap r1024 recalculates at about 25m. Maps made with older versions of mkgmap (I don't remember the exact version number I used) recalculated much later.