Mark Burton wrote:

OK - I have looked at your example and can confirm there is a problem
in that mapsource doesn't display the region near the tile boundary,
it has a gap of 200m or so. Don't know whether this is just mapsource being
it's usual crap self, or the problem also exists on the gps.

My eTrex Legend HCx shows the data exactly how I cut them with the splitter but the outer tile boundaries of the map are shown a little (200 m - 500 m) bigger than the data. The offset is the same for all map layers, i.e. OSM and SRTM although the tiles are not the same. Looks like a rounding thing to me. Nothing I'd worry about.