On Mar 21, 2010, at 14:21, Felix Hartmann wrote:

> It seems that dipslay_name internally in mkgmap is not allowed to be set
> to "name". If identical it will not be set at all. Or is this really a
> Garmin limitation?
> To me it seems to be rather an mkgmap bug.

I haven't had time to properly think about this. But if you want to give it a
try, here's a possible, but completely untested solution:

Change the lines from my previous e-mail in Subdivision.java to the following:

                                if(trSansGC.length() > 0 &&
                                   (!trSansGC.equalsIgnoreCase(nameSansGC) ||
!r.equalsIgnoreCase(name))) {
                                        //System.err.println("Adding ref " + tr
+ " to road " + name);
                                        pl.addRefLabel(lblFile.newLabel(tr));