Recently someone noticed flooding on the openmtbmap in Belgium south of
Maastricht:
http://forum.gps.nl/viewtopic.php?f=109&t=34597&p=277200#p277200

I have noticed related issues with floodings west of Maastricht on Lambertus'
maps and on my own Openfietsmap parts of the same Albertcanal are "dry". Main
cause seems a very long multipolygon relation of the Albertcanal:

On places where the tile borders are crossing this multipolygon mkgmap has
problems with rendering (because the ends of the multipolgygon are way outside
the tiles). Splitting up the multipolygon in smaller parts in osm seems not the
way to solve these rendering problems because I think it's a bug in mkgmap that
should be solved here instead of on osm. Any ideas?