Hi Bernd,

> first question, what should this rule do?
> maxspeed=* & maxspeedkmh()!=* { delete maxspeed }

This rule deletes tag "maxspeed" if we can't assign a numeric value to it.

> the last rules should be
> maxspeed up to 120 kmh
> maxspeed=* & mkgmap:road-speed-max!=* & maxspeedkmh() <= 120
> { set mkgmap:road-speed='-0'; set mkgmap:road-speed-max = 6 }

> maxspeed higher then 120 kmh
> maxspeed=* & mkgmap:road-speed-class!=* & maxspeedkmh() > 120
> { set mkgmap:road-speed-class = 7 }

mkgmap:road-speed-class isn't set anywhere in default style, except in current roadspeed include file. Condition mkgmap:road-speed-class!=* would be false, maybe you wanted to put mkgmap:road-speed-max there?.

Setting value for mkgmap:road-speed-class is what I want to avoid in my include. Setting mkgmap:road-speed-max=7 doesn't limit anything either, could be omitted. The reason for setting mkgmap:road-speed='-0' is to clear any existing value, but maybe this is superfluous.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej