Hi,

I'm trying to compile a map of USA using North America extract form Geofabrik. I use splitter r427 with bounding polygon, something like that:

splitter --polygon-file=usa.poly ... north-america-latest.osm.pbf

The result is that I get errors in mkgmap:
SEVERE (MapFailedException): pbf\29729241.osm.pbf: (thrown in BufferedImgFileWriter.ensureSize()) There is not enough room in a single garmin map for all the input data. The .osm file should be split into smaller pieces first.

This error appears for some tiles at the map border.

My guess is, that splitter uses only nodes inside bounding poly to compute tiles sizes. When a rectangular tile is placed on a polygon border, estimated node number could be significantly smaller than the full number actually saved in this tile. This could lead to problems as above.

I don't have any suggestions for a solution, so I'm going to try to go around it using a simplified poly. I hope, that maybe someone could get an idea how to correct it.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej