sorry for having opened Pandora's Box... ;-)

Consider me as a good and willing tester.... I'll just fetch the new branch to my local repo.

Cheers
Patrik

On 11.12.2016 14:39, Steve Ratcliffe wrote:

I've started a branch for this as the problems I'm discovering are
increasing rapidly!

So in addition to the copyright and licence file issues that started
the thread, we also do not correctly deal with unicode in the TDB
file and the MPS file (inside a gmapsupp).

Some visible problems include:

* --series-name with unicode characters not displayed correctly for a
  unicode map.

* --area-name and unicode characters.

* --description with non-ascii characters can overflow the header
  and completely corrupt the map.  Eg try --description=Mẏ Ðésçriptioñ

Branch is called 'file-encoding' and you can download the latest build
from the branch build section of the mkgmap download page.

..Steve