Am 01.12.2011 00:35, schrieb Rémi Forax:
[...]
> The only way I see to avoid that is to not load the meta-class
> until someone reference them so you can compile this example
> to System.out.println(2) and if there is a ref to a meta-class somewhere,
> discard the code and recompile it with meta-class check.

In my example it is more that I have to compile against
groovy.lang.Script#println, but anyway... in the general case it is
afaik impossible to compile directly if I have a x.y(a,b) in Groovy.
Only in certain special cases this is different. And if I cannot go the
direct path, I need the meta class. For my primitive opts in 1.8 I
wanted to be able to run a program, that does only calculations and
internal method calls, to be able to run without any meta class being
loaded. I think I didn't succeed fully... time did run out kind of.

> I do something like that in PHP.reboot but my unit of compilation
> is the method and not the class, which also avoid to compile a
> code you never use.

true

bye Jochen

--
Jochen "blackdrag" Theodorou - Groovy Project Tech Lead
german groovy discussion newsgroup: de.comp.lang.misc