On May 9, 2012, at 11:07 AM, Charles Oliver Nutter wrote:

> I managed to get MLVM to build on OS X Snow Leopard with Henri's scripts.
> Notes:
>
> * I get a failure like this at the end of the build, but this appears
> to be after the jdk/jre have successfully built (or at least it
> appears to work fine): https://gist.github.com/749b4fe1d3b469644c11

Yes, I get this too.  I don't know where it comes from.  There is probably some
configuration variable that will make it go away.  Like you, I saw that the
build was usable and moved on.

> * In order to get the meth-lazy patches to apply (I'm testing the new
> indy backend) I had to remove -testable from them. I'd like a cleaner
> way.

Christian Thalinger, Michael Haupt, and I are working hard to get these patches
ready for prime time.  There are several problems that show up in comprehensive
testing.  The worst is that TieredCompilation mode shows some failures.  Until
we get cleaner tests, we're keeping "-testable".

(This raises the question of whether the keyword is misleading but I can't
think of another candidate meaning for "testable".  Keyword means "able to pass
reasonable tests", not "able to commence testing"; the latter phrase is the
meaning of "buildable".)

You could regard the act of removing "-testable" as the equivalent of clicking
through the "yes I know what I'm doing" button.  You can disable the testable
filter by adjusting either the series file (which is managed source code) or
the guards file (which is unmanaged and private to the installation).

— John