Hi Jim,  some free from thinking.

My implementation does not have a parallel stack so I am using the java
stack frame to hold
temps and pass arguments.   Even so I can see how I would use a
TaggedArray.  Instead of
using jvm var slots I would have one slot with a Tagged Array in it to
hold my method temps.
When invoking a callsite I would create a TaggedArray to hold the
arguments and pass that
to the invoke.  I could cache the frames (assuming a cheap way to null the
contents of a
TaggedArray) to reduce object creation.

So the question is then how to handle the callsite code selection.  The
first GWT would
have to test if the object is a reference or a tag and route.  Seems like
it would work.

So other than extra overhead of using the arrays instead of the native
stack it will
probably work for me.

I'll have to think some more

regards