FWIW

Everything RTALK  works on Stephen's 7/11/2012 build.  Thank you Stephen.

While generally faster than 7u2 I do have a strangeness in that when my
target is a chain of methodHandles its much slower then when my target
is a methodHandle-callsite-chain of handles.  My second case is where I
add
a debugging trap at the start of each chain.  Its slower by  4 to 1.

7U2 does not seem to do this.

I would guess the issue is that hot spot optimizes the second but not the
first.  Perhaps some inline depth or related limit?  Are they any runtime
flags
I should play with?  ( tiered compile?)

In summary I am happy with the progress.  Currently my fully dynamic
implementation
of Hanoi is about 2x slower than a pure Java version. ( 20% better than
7u2).

thanks to all
mark