On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 2:54 PM, Charles Oliver Nutter
<head...@headius.com> wrote:
> I will indeed! Just preparing ahead of time for the hype machine to go
> into overdrive. Regardless of initial speed, there's an incredibly
> long tail to any Ruby implementation, and new ones won't be useful
> until months or years after they're first released.

It was ever thus. People seem to have this amazing cognitive bias for
the behaviour of a paper tiger over the real thing.

I've sometimes wondered if it's not a side-effect of the golden-path
thinking that many (most?) developers seem to get taught.

Ben, quite unable to come up with a decent joke about tigers and long
tails at short notice.