I’ve just checked Magik on Java’s implementation and we only use one ClassValue
(to connect our method table objects with their corresponding classes) so a
reduction in the initial map size would definitely be a good for us.

From: Christian Thalinger
<christian.thalin...@oracle.com<mailto:christian.thalin...@oracle.com>>
Date: Tuesday, 7 January 2014 22:54
To: Da Vinci Machine Project
<mlvm-dev@openjdk.java.net<mailto:mlvm-dev@openjdk.java.net>>
Subject: RFC: JDK-8031043: ClassValue's backing map should have a smaller
initial size

Can I get some comments on this bug from people who are using ClassValue?

[#JDK-8031043] ClassValue's backing map should have a smaller initial size -
Java Bug System<https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8031043>

Is my assumption correct that most language runtimes only attach a small number
of values (maybe only one) or that it wouldn’t matter if the map would grow as
needed?