Hi John

Just to keep my use case visible.  For my use I convert each Smalltalk
method to a
Java class ( inheriting from Object ) which only includes static methods.
Due to
how I handle blocks there is often more than one method in each class. I
do invoke
static methods from my support classes.

I use the single class loader plus constant method handles as Remi
mentioned
which works well.  My only concern is the speed of creating a class.  I
suspect
that the standard class loader performs some security and validity
checking which
the unsafe one does not.  GC is not critical except during development as
code
is rarely replaced on the fly.

So my only request might be for a very lightweight class and loader
perhaps handled
via an annotation which just holds methods ( or maybe just an array of
methods )

regards
mark