On 08/14/2014 12:52 PM, Florian Weimer wrote:
Is there an end-user accessible way of defining anonymous classes (by which I mean classes which are kept alive only by explicit references or their instances, and not their class loader)?

Searching for the term "anonymous classes" isn't particularly revealing due to the Java-level language construct of the same name.

Re-reading this thread, I think i've forgotten to mention an important thing, defineAnonymousClass also *do not* verify that the provided bytecode is legal, it's important because skipping bytecode verification allow to skip the creation of StackMap frames when generating bytecodes which is an important speedup factor
if your runtime as no interpreter.

cheers,
RĂ©mi