Hi

[2020-03-21 09:32] markus schnalke <mei...@marmaro.de>
> [2020-03-19 12:14] Philipp Takacs <phil...@bureaucracy.de>
> > [2019-12-15 17:55] Philipp Takacs <phil...@bureaucracy.de>
> > >
> > > I have looked at the problem with open pager for show and change the
> > > sequences during the pager is open. This happen often, if you show a
> > > message and recieve a new message.
>
> This is an annoying inconvenience (actually a bug but not too
> severe) that we probably all suffer from. Improving the situation
> would be great.
>
> We can't get fully rid of the race condition, or? We have multiple
> processes writing the same file, thus we will inevitably have a
> conflict window. Correct? Could you explain quickly how we react
> in this case of conflict?

So currently and after my path last writer winns. Currenly a programm
reads the sequences and does it work. If the work includes changing
the sequences, it writes the sequences to disk.

My patches reads the sequences after show is finisched with the main
work. The changes to the sequences are then aplied to the new set of
sequences. This makes the conflict window smaler, but the race
condition is still there. My patch does this only for show, but I want
to add this to seq_save.

I found then, that seq_read and seq_list ignores mails witch it thinks
don't exist. This I have disabled this, to avoid a secound read of the
of the whole directory.

Now the conflict window is small, but still there. The best way to
handle this is locking.

Philipp