All of this is not handled by Mnemosyne directly, but rather by Qt. So, this
is more a question about html than it is about Mnemosyne.

Perhaps some html guru here has a solution?

Peter

On Tuesday 30 December 2008 04:22:44 Bill Powell wrote:
> Hi! First off, thanks for Mnemosyne -- a splendid program!
>
> How would I preserve the indents for poetry? For instance, to show a
> stanza:
>
> With the first line like this,
>    the second like this,
>       the third like this,
>    maybe another line here...
>
> You get the idea. In normal text, tabs vanish. I tried " " --
> this works on "Edit card," but if you are trying to import an XML
> file, the XML parser gags on the HTML entity.
>
> I tried using ordinary spaces, within the <pre> tag. This works except
> now I'm reading verses in Courier New.
>
> I browsed the source code to see if there's a way to change the
> monospace font, but that seems to be handled by Qt or something, and
> as far as I'm concerned, there be dragons. :)
>
> As a last ditch attempt I suppose I can search-and-replace in the
> ".mem" file _after_ importing it, but it would be nice to avoid this.
>
> Incidentally, thanks very much for the "left-align" option in
> config.py. I found this by accident; might be worth a note on the doc
> page about formatting. Also, it would be nice to have an internal
> margin when something is left-aligned. Still, this is a very helpful
> option!
>
> Anyhow, thanks again. Perhaps there's an easy way to have indented,
> roman text that I'm missing.
>
> Bill Powell

Peter Bienstman
Ghent University, Dept. of Information Technology
Sint-Pietersnieuwstraat 41, B-9000 Gent, Belgium
tel: +32 9 264 34 46, fax: +32 9 264 35 93
WWW: http://photonics.intec.UGent.be
email: peter.bienst...@ugent.be