Yuvi on irc also points out that if you were logged in during these
tests the cache works differently to anonymous, not such an issue
right now while anonymous editing is not supported but might be in
future.

I'm also curious how this effects follow up edits. With lazy loaded
pages the edit button is actionable straight away. When loading via
HTTP request, we are introducing a delay of X seconds before the user
can edit again (the user will need to pull down the new HTML and pull
down again the new JavaScript for the editor interface). This number X
is the one that concerns me most. I wonder if that alone might be
worth an A/B test. Are editors more likely to do follow up edits after
an edit during which the page reloads via JavaScript instead of HTML?

Ps. I ran some similar tests measuring DOMContentLoaded and the
JavaScript for toggling being enabled which showed big discrepancies
(albeit much less HTML was being served up in this case) [1]. May or
may not be helpful to demonstrate the impact this sort of JavaScript

[1]
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArbzKvV50qF6dEFzR0pCbUxfVy1ybGVPZU9yRTU0OUE#gid=1