Why would we measure when the page becomes interactive (rather than
viewable)? I can't imagine many people interacting with a page within the
first second of it being viewable.

The reason lazy-loading wasn't faster on the larger articles is that the
second. Lazy-load times varied by over 2 seconds. So even though the
fastest load times were from lazy-loading, so were the slowest. For small
articles, the load times were very consistent for both load types.

Ryan Kaldari