On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 12:27 PM, Bahodir Mansurov <bmansu...@wikimedia.org>
wrote:

> *For Actors*
>
> * Was this person a [cast member, role] in this [movie, TV show]?
>
> 1) How would we generate potential claims of this type?
> Get the list of titles from
> http://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:List_of_properties/Works#Film. This
> list can be used to fill in the first placeholder (cast member, role, etc.).
> Get the Filmography [P1283] of the Actor. This can be used to suggest a
> movie / TV show. The query may looks like this: claim[1283:2263] -
> (filmography of Tom Hanks).

It looks like P1283 (filmography) isn't a commonly set parameter in
Wikidata, so I'm not sure how realistic this would be to use. I did a spot
check of 8 famous actors and none of them had this parameter set.
Interestingly, Angelina Jolie was the only one who had any data about what
movies she was in on Wikidata, but they were set under the "notable works"
parameter rather than "filmography".

A more realistic, but also much more expensive option would be to take the
link list for the actor's article (as stored in the pagelinks table) and
see which links are 'instance of film'.

Kaldari