Being able to use Swift will be a huge benefit!

It lowers the bar for volunteer contribution - Obj-C is pretty tough to
wrap your mind around as a beginner. Obj-C code also ends up being *much*
more bloated than Swift code, making it even harder for volunteer
contributors to grok our Obj-C code base.

Being much more concise and generally less clunky than Obj-C is great, but
Swift also has baked-in protection against entire classes of errors common
to Obj-C, and TONS of time saving and powerful modern language features.

So, yes, Swift a.s.a.p. please!