Thanks, Alex! I see, now.

Amir, you guessed it: owner is intentional in this space because it is
really important that anyone potentially moderating this knows that it is
not a collaborative work and it very much is the opinion of the person who
created it.  It is going to be a big mind-shift for moderators to
dramatically loosen the restrictions on this feature (collections need not
be: npov, factually accurate, non-personal, notable).

Is there any word in other languages that you feel's captures this without
implying gender?  Creator?  I think curator is a little wordy and we might
have collaboration at some point (with permissions granted by the 'owner')

-J