Hello Antoine,

I would like it if you could set up a Jenkins job for Android according to
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T88494. No Gradle or Android SDK setup is
needed! See my comments at the end of this Phab ticket. The Gradle command
line is already included in our Git repo. The Android SDK is automatically
set up through the awesome SDK Manager Gradle plugin. So, there's really
not much to do except to clone and fetch the latest from our Git repo[1],
and to run the following commands from command line:

# checkstyle

./gradlew checkstyle

# build apk

./gradlew -q clean assembleAlphaDebug

It's really very simple. The only prerequisite is a Java 7 SDK (e.g.
openjdk-7-jdk) and a few extra libraries (e.g. sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install gcc-multilib lib32z1 lib32stdc++6).

I just ran this on a plain Ubuntu system with nothing pre-installed
other than JDK 7.

This means that the first time it'll take more time to download everything
needed. But for subsequent runs it should be already there, ready to go if
you get to have the same Jenkins slaves run the Android builds.
Once you've got these build steps running for both pre-merge and post-merge
builds, then I consider the above Phab ticket closeable, and then we can
talk more about further improvements, to include running tests.

Thank you,
Bernd

[1] git clone https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/apps/android/wikipedia