On 06/29/2015 02:32 PM, Timo Tijhof wrote:
> Yes, it include all users who have used activated their user account in some
> way after 2015-01-01 00:00:00.
>
> Merely reading pages while logged-in usually will not trigger such "touch".
> Logging in, changing preferences, and other actions do set the touch
> timestamp however. Remember that user sessions don't last forever. Currently,
> Wikimedia wikis have a session expiration of 30 days. This means users
> visiting frequently will still "log in" at least once 30 days if they want to
> remain logged-in while visiting.

user_touched is also bumped whenever someone leaves a notification on
your talk page[1], which we just did for a *lot* of inactive users
during SUL finalization. If you want to figure out when someone last
logged in, you can use the accountaudit tables. But those are local and
not global and will likely go away soon.

[1] https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:User_table#user_touched

-- Legoktm