+1 to thus
On 21 Jul 2015 4:52 pm, "Ryan Kaldari" <rkald...@wikimedia.org> wrote:

> If the MultimediaViewer extension is transferred to Editing (i.e.
Multimedia), TimedMediaHandler should probably go with it, as they are both
mainly for presenting media within pages.

> On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 3:58 PM, Adam Baso <ab...@wikimedia.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all -
>>
>> I've been reviewing a list of extensions with Reading Engineering and
Reading Infrastructure leads - props to James Forrester for promoting this
discussion. Here's a list of extensions we believe currently falls under
Reading for triage (n.b., not all extensions will get active development
support).

>> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:ABaso_(WMF)/Extension_Responsibility
>>
>> Presuming no major issues with this, I think we should move the page to
mw:Reading/Extension_Responsibility.

>> One important outstanding question:
>>
>> Is MultimediaViewer appropriate for Reading given its
consumption-oriented nature? Or is this actually better suited to Editing
(where there exists a team named Multimedia)?

I agree. They should come as a package (fwiw im a little confused why
viewing images and thus multimedia viewer doesn't come under reading).

>> Some other notes:
>>
>> * For skins with low utilization, we in time probably should coordinate
handover to interested community members (or discuss with community members
practical approaches for EOL).

>> * Regarding the Nostalgia skin, we believe it's only used on
https://nostalgia.wikipedia.org/wiki/HomePage, so maintenance would be
updating for breaking skin changes or security issues only.

>> * JsonConfig, ZeroBanner, ZeroPortal - we'll need to examine this more
closely. Yuri (who has deepest PHP knowledge on extensions) is now over in
Discovery, Jeff (JS & Lua) is in Reading, and now I'm managing instead of
writing lots of code.