User:Casliber has started an editing contest on the English Wikipedia
focused on improving or adding lead (intro) sections:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Take_the_lead! (open until
this Sunday, January 31)

Notably, the invitation cites mobile readers as a motivation:

"Many articles on the English Wikipedia have deficient or poorly
written leads that do not summarise the article or present the
information in an engaging manner. With increased mobile phone usage,
this is becoming more of an issue, because mobile interfaces often
show the lead alone, with other sections collapsed."

I added the subsequent sentence, to support this point with data from
the analysis that JonR and I did some weeks ago for the
MobileWebSectionUsage data. This also lead to some interesting
community discussion in several places, and someone added that chart
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:How_to_create_and_manage_a_good_lead_section
. It's a great example of how we can support editors' work with
readership data beyond mere pageviews (I also submitted a Wikimania
talk about this topic earlier this month).

--
Tilman Bayer
Senior Analyst