Hi everyone,

We're excited to bring you an updated version of the Wikipedia Android app
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.wikipedia&hl=en>,
rolling out now to the Google Play store! [1]

In this update, we're introducing the Explore feed: a new way to discover
Wikipedia content! We've redesigned the home screen of the app, which now
shows a feed of featured content from Wikipedia, as well as personalized
reading suggestions based on your reading history in the app[2]. See
Wikipedia articles about current events, today's trending articles, today's
featured article and featured picture from Commons, and more. Please see
today's blog post
<https://blog.wikimedia.org/2016/07/28/wikipedia-android-redesign/> for
more information.

Want to help make the app even better? Read our getting-started guide
<https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Apps/Team/Wikipedia_Android_app_hacking>,
and start contributing!

[1] For devices without Google Play services, you may download
<https://releases.wikimedia.org/mobile/android/wikipedia/stable/wikipedia-2.3.150-releasesprod-2016-07-25.apk>
the app directly.
[2] Note: your reading history is only stored locally on your device.

Cheers,

--
Dmitry Brant
Senior Software Engineer / Product Owner (Android)