Starting in version 3.4 of TalkBack, granularity is changed from withing the Local Context Menu. Mr. S. Massy has done a podcast:
http://www.wolfdream.ca/Demystifying+Granularity
On 02/08/2013 6:43 PM, Mahesh S. Panicker wrote:
Hello listers. I have a few more questions on navigating my mobile. I
would like to clear a few questions on character based navigation. I
was looking for an accessible note taking program that also could
transfer my old notes from a nokia phone. I installed Note Everything.
At one level, I found the program simple, but there are a few
unlabeled buttons that make life a bit difficult. Eventually I have
stuck with Note Everything for now as it helped me import notes from
my old phone. There are certain notes I
wanted to navigate by character but I didn't quite figure it out with
Note Everything. I tried swiping up and down to change the reading
mode, but even then, when I tap on the edit box, talkback reads the
entire edit box. How do I address the issue?
My other question is regarding talkback and the announcement of caller
ID. How do I make talkback read caller information in individual
digits rather than the
entire number? What I want is for example, in case I get a call from
123456 I would like talkback to read it as 1 2 3 4 5 6.
And to the moderators' attention, I still am not getting responses to
my mail on my inbox, each time I have to check the mail archives to
read the responses. But I am getting other mails from the list. Kindly
guide me with regard to this issue as well, if there is any changes in
settings that I have to make so that the problem would go away.
Thanks,