@ Zujar. Thank you for taking time to explain the various new
features. Will try out the option you suggested to read lengthy chat
messages.
@ Payal. i've figured out a bit lengthy way to turn off the packet
data and thus stop the consumption on the battery. its not perfect but
works like a charm in a pinch. you will need to install an app called
M guard which is free from nokia store. run a memory check post
installation, and disable whatsap from starting automatically. now if
you want whatsap to stay completely off and not use packet data, just
exit it and reboot your phone. whatsapp is now not enabled and thus
ensures your packet data stayhs off. if only i could figure out how to
do this without re booting my phone ..
thanks