For fast typing this type of keyboard is very good to type, I'm using it in moto g, as I'm also a new user. double tapping may reduce your speed. This is my advice that retain with this keyboard and soon you'll be going perfactly

From: "Rahul Kelapure" <rkelap...@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2014 4:06 PM
To: "Dedicated AccessIndia list for discussing accessibility of mobile phonesand Tabs." <mobile.accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Subject: Re: [Mobile.AI] Android Problem: Tap typing

Hi Ketan,

Your second question first, yes you are right, there are 5 home
screens and in order to moove to next or privious screens, you need to
swipe right to left and vise versa with two fingures.

For dialing a phone number, you may like to use "DW Dialer" app. this
will allow you to tap twice while dialing a number and there are few
other options such as call prediction and so on.

On typing, I am comfortable of typing by lifting fingure, hence i am
not able to suggest you any other method as of now.

Hope that helps.

Thanks and warm regards,

Rahul.