hi,

below technic will enable you to pause the talkback, and start again
independently.
go to talkback setting, steps are below
go to settings then accessibility then talkback then settings again,
the setting icon under talkback is on centre bottom screen.
look for resume from suspance option (you will have to scroll up the list.
double tap on that, then select when screen turns on and select ok.
now suppose you want to give your phone to your sighted friend.
to pause the talkback open the globle context menue by swipe down and
right, then just keep your figure to centre screenn, and move it to
upper left where pause talkback option is present and just lift the
figure.
your sighted friend can use your phone now withouth complaining to you
now, till screen is turn off.
once the screen is turn off and on again talkback will resume again.

sanjeev