I am sorry but the solutions suggested do not work this way. In fact
selecting and copying text in IOS is quite complicated if you want to
select specific characters/words/lines unless you are selecting a whole
chunk of text read by VoiceOver at one go. Will try to explain how it
basically works.
1. if you want to select a chunk of text i.e. you touch the screen and VO
reads it to you. After touching the screen or swiping to it, press tripple
finger quadruple tap to select the last chunk spoken. So this will either
select a line or a paragraph depending on the page  elements available for
VO. This can even select a word or a heading or anything spoken by the VO
at one position.
2. for making specific text selection try this. switch the roter to
character/word/line as per your convenience. Keep the thumb and a finger
together somewhere in the middle of the screen and move them apart slowly.
you will hear the text as it is being selected. Now switch the roter to the
edit menu and swipe up/down to find copy and double tap. The selected text
will be copied and now you can paste it in any edit window.
3. As far as editing the text   is concerned,, will address the issue once
 you get hold of the above methods.

On 14 October 2014 10:47, Harbhajan <harbhajan1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> hai,
> let me try to solve your problem to the best of my knowledge.
> in order to select text from a web page or any blog of text first navigate
> to the word or line you want to copy. then perform two finger swipe down
> gesture. now the voice over will start speaking the text from the selection
> point. now perform three fingers 4 tabs. all the text spoken by voice over
> will be pasted on the clip board which can be further pasted in any
> application such as notes or messaging by double tab and holding with one
> finger and select paste from the above menu.
> while editing a document you need to select the desired navigation item
> from the router such as character or word. when you enter a text box the
> curser is highlighted at the first character of the first word.  move to
> the word or character you want to edit or delete using the router. now lets
> take your example of the word mistike. in order to delete i navigate to it
> and press delete. now i will be deleted. to put the letter a after t
> navigate to the letter t and enter a usin the keypad.
> text can also be copied using double tab and hold with one finger. some
> options will appeare at the top of the screen. now choose from select,
> select all, and define. select will select the character, word or line as
> per your router settings. now activate edit from the router. swiping down
> with one finger will present you with the options of copy and so on. simply
> activate the desired item and paste anywhere you like.
> please feel free to contact me if any dificulty is faced on 9812814111
> regards
>

> Harbhajan
>
> > On 13-Oct-2014, at 2:59 pm, Mister CANE <mujta...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Dear Folks;
> >

> > Here is something I find really challenging to do. Firstly I cannot copy
> any
> > content from the internet i.e. any website. May be there is a way but I
> have
> > no idea how.
> >

> > Secondly; in a text editor like the Notes or Email app. If I want to
> delete
> > or add a sentence I am finding it really hard to select the text. I cant
> > position the cursor to where I want despite using the rotor to navigate
> by
> > characters. Even if I manage to do so; I can not coppy or edit the text
> in
> > focus because I could not understand where the cursor is positioned.
> >

> > Let us see an example to help illustrate. This word has a spelling
> mistike;
> > so I use character navigation till I here the letter I and touch delete.
> > Sometimes I am not sure if it deleted the letter I or the letter t or k.
> > Most probably it would have deleted the letter t as per my understanding.
> > Here again I wish to replace the letter I with the letter a so I
> navigate to
> [...]

Thanks and regards,
aruni Sharma.
Associate Professor, Dept. of Political Science, JNPG College, Lucknow,
India.
twitter: www.twitter.com/arunisharma
facebook: www.facebook.com/arunisharma
Skype: arunisha...@outlook.com