On 3-May-06, at 9:52 AM, François wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When signal() is called, one can pass an argument to the slot.  Am I
> right to use e.event() to retrieve this argument from within the slot?
> I discovered this haphazardly, and wanted to confirm it's the regular
> way.  The docs do not specify any way to do this, as far as I can
> tell.
>  In fact, it is stated that "You should not need to use" the event()
> property of e.
>
> Thanks,
>
> F.
>
> By the way: incredibly easy to use event management library.  Hats
> down
> to the team.

There are two systems for handling events. The browser event system
will pass one argument to the slot, and that argument has an e.event
() method that returns the native browser event. You should never
need to access the browser event, instead use the other methods
described in the docs to get mouse position, etc.

The custom event system lets you create your own events by signaling
them. When you do this, you can pass your own arguments through to
your slots. When you use the custom event system, no browser event is
generated.

If this doesn't clear things up, please post some code with your
actual/expected results to the list.

Thanks!
Beau