> var someObject = {}
> function func(obj, str){
>      alert(obj.abc);
>      alert(obj.def);
>      alert(str);
> }
>
> connect(someObject, 'pouf', myObject.func);
> signal(someObject, 'pouf', {abc:'yes', def:'no'}, 'last');

Hi Beau,

Looking back at the Signal doc page, I can see my mistake.  Trying to
send a custom event to a DOM object!  I've been in front of this
computer screen too long...  But then again it works...  I would not,
of course, trust this "discovery" in production.  It's not necessary
anyhow to do so.  The structure I chose to program the little GUI I'm
on abstracts high level "constructed" elements (like say, a wizard) in
"classes", so the custom event as it should have been used by me in the
first place is just fine.  I'll just signal an instance of a class, not
the HTML objects representing graphically this instance!

Thanks very much for your time, and for this fantastic library, which
is so sturdy it can resist bad programming!

F.