Agreed.  That's all I really had to contribute... other than...

It's line 266!  :-)

On 7/15/06, GHUM <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

SMooney,

> I know it's trivial, but have you tried throwing some alert()'s in
> there to get your bearings?

yes. I started doing this, but that feels so 1999ish, and takes ages.

Having started my programming career on C64, of course there are
methods to track down an error in a 500 line _javascript_: Just keep
cutting it in pieces untill you drop on the error.

Again, takes ages and feels 1980ish. We are in 2006, still > 60% use
Internet Explorer, I simply cannot believe that those dubious error
messages with some funny line are all that is used to debug on that
system.

Harald