Thanks, this looks good. I took a look at prototypes version - and
it's quite simple. It compiles a javascript boolean expression from
the selector expression and then eval-s that to every child node of
the parent (usually document).

I read somewhere that it supports CSS3 and below (don't know if that's
true) - cssQuery is said to support *some* CSS3 selectors. Any
specific reason you find cssQuery better?

The point is, the prototype code for this is not too long (4.5K) -
http://dev.rubyonrails.org/browser/spinoffs/prototype/src/selector.js
- would this be considered for inclusion in MochiKit if I ported it?

Arnar