On 10/5/06, Bob Ippolito <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Yes absolutely. I've wanted to add CSS selector support for a long
> time, but I haven't had the opportunity to do it. There's even an open
> ticket on the issue.

Hi all,

I gave this a stab. I ported selector.js from prototype to MochiKit,
in a module called Selector. It supports getting elements by tag,
class, id and all CSS3 attribute selectors (=, ~=, ^=, $=, *= and |=).
The prototype version didn't support ^= or $= but they were easy to
add. Also, prototype had the non-standard != which could be useful in
some cases.

It supports sub-element selecting (like "div#form input") but not
other combinators (E > F, E+ F, E~ F) - although I think they could be
added.

It doesn't support any pseudo-classes.

Bob, I couldn't find the ticket - I was going to attach the files
there. I'm attaching here instead. There are no unit tests, but
test.html has a demo - works in IE 6, FF 1.5 and Opera 8.54.

Arnar

ps. the main function to call is MochiKit.Selector.findChildElements -
but a la prototype I defined the $$ function that calls
findChildElements on the document.

Title: untitled

Demo

Test originally from this blog entry.

Here are some links in a normal paragraph: Google, Google Groups. This link has class="blog": diveintomark

Everything inside the red border is inside a div with id="foo".

This is a normal link: Yahoo

This link has class="blog": Simon Willison's Weblog

Nonninn

Sniðugt