I need to use Unicode with Mochikit.  It seems to work fine except for the log function.

I have a form for a username, password and email.

I'm using オープ for the username.  I put together the query vars using encodeURIComponent(), send it to sendXMLHttpRequest, dump the query vars with the log function, and then add the callbacks.  The query vars are displayed in the log, but then everything stops.

INFO:

action="">

For some reason, sending an encoded unicode string to the log function stops everything dead.  I commented out the log statement for the query vars and everything works fine again.  What's going on?

-Steve