On 10/31/06, Jason Bunting <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Please excuse the off-topic nature of this, but does anyone know of, or have
> experience implementing, a finite state machine with JavaScript?
>
> I want to tightly control a set of user interface interactions and thought
> this might be the best approach and just wondered if someone else has
> already done something similar or know of something that may help – I
> Google'd around a bit but didn't find anything much.

Finite state machines don't really have much to do with the language
you're implementing them in. It's just a concept. You might find some
inspiration from Python FSM implementations, but it's pretty trivial
to write one and there's a lot of different and equally good ways to
do it. It depends on the situation.

-bob