Hey,

> > Would you be able to test these two patches in the following MR?
>
> I follow your gitlab-ci.yml in order to build for RPi.
>
> While building libmbim I get the following error. This alignment issue (cast
> increases required alignment of target type) seems to occur often in
> projects built on ARM while building them on AMD64 is no problem. Any
> suggestions?

Will take a look at that.

> Other than that I need to figure out how to install MM on the target
> device where MM is already installed. Can I install MM and its libraries in
> a different location and run from there? How would I have to parametrize
> .configure etc.?

You could be brave and just install on top of the already available MM :)
Otherwise, yes, you can install libs and daemons in a different location,
and as long as e.g. the DBus service files are the same, there should be no
problem. In order to do that, you need to run configure with a custom
--prefix and with a custom PKG_CONFIG_PATH, e.g.:

Run this for libmbim, libqmi and ModemManager, in that order:
$ PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/opt/test/lib/pkgconfig ./configure --prefix=/opt/test
$ make && sudo make install

And in order to run the MM daemon, you need to provide a custom
LD_LIBRARY_PATH so that the correct libs are found, e.g.:
$ LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/test/lib/ /opt/test/sbin/ModemManager --debug

--
Aleksander
https://aleksander.es