On 1/22/23 10:18, Aleksander Morgado wrote:
All org.freedesktop.ModemManager1.XX and
org.freedesktop.libmbim.Error.XX error codes are coming either from
ModemManager or the libraries.
DBus specific errors have a different error prefix (org.freedesktop.DBus maybe?)

Right, sure. But is it possible to extract more fine-grained reporting from
ModemManager/libqmi in these cases?  I realize that polling for error situations
isn't ideal, but it's what I have.

Getting fine-grained error reporting is not easy, usually it involves
configuring the modem to dump modem logs/traces somewhere, which can
usually only be analyzed by the manufacturers themselves :/

I understand that, but I'm only after the errors that end up in syslog. I am monitoring this anyway for driver crashes, so I may be able to figure it out,
combined with other metrics I can see, but it'd be nice to get those errors
directly.