At 4:39 PM -0400 2/12/99, eric satnik wrote:
>Also, according to Magic Eye record's website, there is a Modest Mouse
>song (I assume the song is "Mice Eat Cheese") on a tape called "Sex
>Sells".  Does anybody have this? Is it a Modest Mouse demo tape, or a
>Magic Eye compilation tape?  If anybody has the actual compilation tape,
>and would be willing to trade a copy, please e-mail me.

it's not a MM demo tape. it's a compliation of several bands/ one large
group of kids in a couple different conglomerations doing things. it's got
several other bands on there: the billy crosbys [good old metuchen NJ indie
rock!] and fuck, to name a few.  I have the actual compliation tape,
somewhere along the jumble of my apartment.

the issue was nice as well - the front cover has a really lovely photograph
of a toesucker. <looking at zine> hm. that image is a bit too flat for me.
should put some contrast in it. funny thing, i picked up the magazine
because of the photograph, and found out it came with a tape. i was never
aware of the music it contained! lucky me.

yay! so psyched. leaving for nyc in a couple hours to spend the weekend
hanging out, and most importantly, seeing guided by voices.

a little bit of rhythm and a lot of soul...maria t sciarrino