Brandon Seaton wrote:

> howdy,
>    i am fairly new to the list, and i have a problem.  the whole 'indie
> rock' concept is super fuzzy to me.  does it only relate to the band being
> on an independent label?  i've heard people call Perfect from Now On an
> indie rock album, but its on Warner Bros.  If an indie rock band signs to
> a major label, does it cease to be an indie rock band?  am i missing the
> point entirely?

Yep... You are who you are. And that's it. labeling is pathetic. Labeling is
for marketeers, I guess if you wanna label, you're not indie. hehe.

Hope you're still confused.

jp

begin:          vcard
fn:             john nijkamp
n:              nijkamp;john
org:            mikser
adr;dom:        ;;PB 815;Deventer;-;7415 ax;
email;internet: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
tel;work:       0570 504127
tel;fax:        0570 504137
note:           mikser grafisch ontwerp/mikser graphic design
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: TRUE
version:        2.1
end:            vcard