Hi,

Ok, here runs my story:

At first I was planning to go see SY in Santa Fe as a part of a greater road
trip... and then they slapped "BENEFIT" on it with a $50 charge on it. I
realize this is the almighty [or whatever] for some of you... but they've
kind of fizzled in me with the rest of the collection and the advent of some
good Northwest bands (MM, BTS... to name a few). Though, the ideals, beliefs
are intact. ANYWAY, I tried to get tickets for the show in Austin or at
least arrange it through my aunt who lives there. Well, I wait for people to
commit, being the nice 'friend' that I am, and I hold off.. longer than I
wanted to, but a guy at Waterloo Record Co. says "oh, we have 300 for one
night and 500 for  the other". They're sold out by Saturday. And... blah
blah (I'll spare you the pissing and moaning), but I'm sorry to post to all
the lists, but I would like to know if any humble soul could help me out
here.

--HELP ME OUT HERE--

So..., if anyone has spare tickets, like say 5 at the most (1 at the least)
preferably for Wednesday night, I'd be very grateful and pay with a check
promptly (or cash). Also, face value, yes/no? I'm willing to bargain a
little.

If not, I still have the Flaming Lips AND Sebadoh in OKC and a trip to
Seattle ahead... I'll live, but the question is: will I ever live to see SY?

Yeah yeah, I'm sobbing... more like begging... but it happens. I see [a]
more personal truth in the 'meaning' behind built to spill everyday, being
that when everything seems to be going your way...

"SONIC YOUTH"..."SOULED OUT"..."BOTH NIGHTS"

Now, laugh for a minute ...and I hope the lists can forgive me for posting
off topic.

But one can also see the 'truth' behind the first words one sees when going
to the flaming lips site, once having seen one of their shows, especially
the current tour... the way Wayne opens up his arms to the crowd while
singing with a warm, light, caressing gesture that tickles the chin and
urges face to release a smirk up... like he knows something greater that you
don't,yet that notion is all[most] a joke since he's [POSSIBLY] just like
you or I. Understand?, maybe not.

"Smile your last one with the Flaming Lips...",

Jacob

P.S. I tried to compensate.