I think one of the main components that makes Modest Mouse so original
is the delivery of the lyrics, combined with the lyrics themself.  I
mean, how many people have you heard sing like Issac?  He breaks up
words at the most unexpected syllables, like "she ionizes and atomizes"
look at all the lyrics to that song, he is doing some crazy shit with
those vocals.

The other thing I wanted to bring up is that I personally believe that
Modest Mouse's originality wouldn't be maintained without the equal
originality of both Eric and Jeremiah.  Jeremiah's drumming is epic and
Eric's basslines practically define the modest mouse sound because they
are always played so high yet somehow always sound so pure and full,
even though they're not low and thumping.  just thought I'd spit out
these thoughts  r