my list of favorites...although they are all favorites for different
reasons...

)pavement & bis...summer of 97 in oklahoma city
)sonic youth...summer of 99 in santa fe (& i didnt even pay the fifty bucks!)
)godspeed you black emporer, low, & the asuza plane...october of 98 in st
louis (by far the most emotionally draining awe inspiring show ive seen yet)
)beck & the dirty three...summer of 96 in tulsa, ok
)man or astroman?, blonde redhead, & dianogah...summer 99 in st louis
)first time i saw modest mouse with califone...may 14 '98 in conway arkansas
)modest mouse with spoon, girls against boys, and lots of others...summer of
98 in tulsa
)olivia tremor control & the music tapes...this spring in st louis
)moby...a couple weekends ago
)imperial teen...march 99 st louis
)each & every time ive seen the flaming lips...namely way back when they
still played rock shows...and early this spring when i saw em for free with
guided by voices in the university of missouri's huge sports complex with
only 100 or less people. hot damn.
)apples in stereo get an honorable mention just cos robert schneider is so
goddamn cute when he is singing his little heart out.

okay...thats enough.  show of my dreams? beatles, the smiths, radiohead, &
spiritualized...in that order.

*xo carrie