Alright, you got me to bite.

I went to see the ultimate lineup in Shapoeg State Park here in Oregon.  Built to
Spill, Sonic Youth, Sneaker pimps, and I think Elliot Smith (yeah I don't know him so
burn me at the stake) all opened for Beck.  Some of you know this concert for sure and
if you have a recording, please get in touch.

To the point:  I owned 2 SY albums at the time and was pretty excited to see them.
BTS played a short set and didn't jam on anything.  A big disappointment compared to
the 1st 2 shows that I'd seen.  Sonic Youth gets up to save the day and play 1 solid
hour of experimental sound JUNK.  Nobody played together.  Just got up there like I
could have and played to myself for an hour.  They may have been looking for some
random piece of noise to come together but 1 hour just wasn't enough time for the odds
of that happening to take place.  The first and only time that I saw them and it was
crap.  OR it was just too indie, cool, underground for my mainstream brain to
comprehend.

I've sold the 2 albums.  There you have it.  One take on why SY is a disappointment
LIVE.

Ryan

>>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 10/13 3:11 PM >>>
for anyone whos counting, thats 5 and a half (one of them didnt completely
admit it)
to conclude my pointless tally, i pose a question
how is it that sonic youth sucks, but weezer is apparently great?
some people just smoke too much crack