>and maybe they need to learn about being cool and
>reserved when viewing a band
>that is not played on MTV regularly.

I hope that by "cool and reserved" you do not mean
"standing perfectly still and not reacting to the
ferocity with which the band is tearing out the
collective asses of the audience."  There is nothing I
hate more than trying to get my rock on while people
look on disapprovingly because they are trying their
hardest to look aloof, jaded, and tré hip.  And only
doing the Indie Rock Head Nod is just not going to cut
it when Modest Mouse is kicking yr proverbial head in
with onslaughts of righteous guitar mayhem.  Yes,
maybe their afro puffs were cramping yr style, but you
could always do what I do and start to pogo.  Pogo to
the left a little, and little to the right, and keep
the energy level at optimum levels.  This not only
promotes excellent cardiovascular exercise, it
provides the short with a temporary height advantage,
and I imagine it looks more enthusiastic to the band
than posturing, preening, and petulance.

For a glossary of terms used in this post, consult the
closest dictionary.

major label sellout,
*phiL*

=====